Oily lipid secretions mostly occur on the T-zone (nose, forehead and chin) which results in oily skin, with breakouts as well as clogged pores. This can be resolved using the correct skincare routine, bearing in mind that over zealous exfoliating can stimulate the glands which will intensify the secretions.
Oily skin is due to the over production of sebum or oil in the sebaceous glands which are responsible for oil production within the skin. Sebum is necessary for the skin to function normally as it provides the skins natural barrier protection.
Sever sebum secretions take place mostly on the T-Zone (nose, forehead and chin) which may result in clogged and enlarged pores and unwanted oiliness. This can be resolved with a correct cleansing and hydrating skin routine, remembering not to over exfoliate as this can stimulate the glands which will intensify the sebum secretions.
Breakouts may be exacerbated by the over production of sebum and redundant skin cell build up. This leads to clogged pores resulting in the inflammation along with blackheads, whiteheads, papules and pustules.
Enlarged pores are often associated with oily skin types. The appearance of large pores is worsened when the incorrect skin care regime is used. The key to improving enlarged pores is to keep your pores clean from surface impurities and the build up of dead skin cells which may block the pores creating blackheads. Look for products that offer deep cleansing benefits and be sure to use a gentle exfoliant to prevent dead cell build up.
1. Double cleanse with DermaFix Active Cleansing Gel adding 2-3 drops of DermaFix DermaBright to the second cleanse.
2. The addition of DermaFix DermaBright is to be done at night only.
3. Exfoliate daily with DermaFix DermaPolish, a gentle enzyme exfoliant which assists in the removal of those dead skin cells.
4. Tone the skin with DermaFix Brighening Toner to assist with the removal of surface impurities and balancing the skins PH, ensuring a healthy barrier protection.
Skin Care Routine
1. After your cleansing routine, apply DermaFix ACC Vitamin C, followed by DermaFix Vitamin B cream, to assist in the control of sebum secretions. DermaFix ACC Hyaloronic Gel may be added for the relief of dryness or dehydration, without contributing to the sebum secretions.
2. Always protect your skin from the suns harmful rays with DermaFix DermaShiled SPF50 high protection sunscreen with Zinc Oxide which is an oil free formulation.
3. For the control of large congested pores DermaFix Mattifying Pore Minimizer may be added to your evening routine as a fast acting SOS deep cleaning treatment. Apply DermaFix Mattifying Pore Minimizer to the area of concern, leave on for 10-20 minutes. Rinse off. Once the skin has built up a tolerance to this product you may leave it on overnight.
4. DermaFix Clari-Fine Clay Masque used twice a week for skin refining benefits and assists to deep cleanse the skin offering oil control.
5. Once you have established your skin care routine, the DermaFix MD Prescriptives Acne Solutions may be incorporated into your routine as an evening moisturiser and the DermaFix Vitamin B cream as your daily moisturiser. These two products are NOT recommended for use on the same application.
6. After your morning moisturise, apply DermaFix Dermashield SPF 50 or DermaFix MD Prescriptives SPF 50 to protect your skin from the suns’ harmful UVA/UVB rays.